Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chicken Curry Lefse Roll


Yesterday evening I was lazy to cook, so I came up with this simple and easy to make chicken curry lefse roll.

Ingredients: (3 servings)
3 sheets 10"x 6" lefse
12 oz cooked chicken breast (diced) or 1 can (12 oz) chunk chicken
1 tsp curry powder
1/3 cup mayonese or spicy mayonese
1/3 cup finely diced celery
2 tbs finely diced onion
salt and pepper to taste

1) Combine chicken, curry powder, mayonese, celery, onion, salt and pepper together.

2) Spread curry chicken mixture over each lefse sheet to within 1/4 inch of edges.

3) Roll up each lefse, starting with the short side.

4) Using a knife cut each roll into 4 slices. Serve immediately.


Leena's tip: If the chicken mixture is too dry, add more mayonese.

Lefse is a traditional soft Norwegian flatbread made out of potato, milk or cream and flour, and cooked on a griddle -- Wikipedia

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Jo said...

hi Leena, You are very creative in your cooking. Unlike me. I always need to rely on recipes and adapt accordingly. I can never come up with creations like you do! This is a nice sandwich. Since I make sandwiches quite regularly, I definitely love new ideas like this. I think this would taste as good with tortilla wrap.

Leena said...

Jomel
Yes, it will go well with tortilla wrap or even on plain or toast bread.

Don't be afraid of create any recipe. I seldom follow recipes, even I have a recipe with me, I end up change that recipe.

The only time I would follow the recipe to the T is when I bake. Baking is something I am not confident enough to create something yet.

Thanks for dropping by, hope that my site can give you some ideas to create your own recipe too.

Anonymous said...

那个皮你买现成的?还是自已做?

Leena said...

安娣
我那有那么勤力呀,当然是买现成的.

得空再来坐坐